Saturday, May 29, 2010

Movin' South

Back in February, I posted that my time at the Redwood Hostel was coming to an end, and I was planning on starting an M.F.A. in creative writing--provided I got accepted somewhere, of course.  Well, I was 1 for 2 in the admissions game (I guess batting .500 is not so bad--but if I got one less hit, I would have been out of the game entirely). So I will be heading to San Diego State University in the Fall, to start a three-year program (more info on what it is here).  I'm excited to work with the faculty there--they seem very open to both experimental and political works.

Also, two weeks ago, I completed Humboldt State's MATW program--Master of Arts in Teaching Writing.  All I had to do this semester were two 25-page papers, an 80-page thesis, and read about 20 books.  So my brain is a little sore from all that exercise. I enjoyed it, but I'm looking forward to the program in San Diego, as academic writing is not nearly as much fun as short stories and novels and so forth.

In other news, two of my "Slugdalas" (Banana Slug Mandalas) have been published recently.  One in Cabrillo College's 25th anniversary issue of Porter Gulch Review (the release party was earlier this evening), and the other online in Mandala Journal's Cosmopolitanism issue.

So yeah, if anyone has a lead on a great cheap apartment in San Diego, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment