Thursday, January 01, 2004

Happy New Year!

[Note from Ryan, 11/19/09: I decided to fold a few ol' posts from a different blog (travelinglite.blogspot.com) into this here blog. There were just 3 or 4 and it was 5+ years ago.  But isn't that how it is with most people's first venture into blogging? You have big plans and then write 3 posts and then forget all about it.  And then hear about people getting paid to blog and think "I could do that."  Well, apparently not me.]

Hello and welcome to the brand spanking new cyberspace home of my travel tales, highlighting my adventures in and around the world.

The title represents three things:
(1) going with very little luggage--the only real way to travel;
(2) shedding light upon a subject--hopefully you'll learn something, as I have; and
(3) being light-hearted--having fun and being able to laugh, even if it's at my own expense.

Some of you will also recognize "Traveling Light" as the title of my column in the Oberlin News-Tribune (2002-03).

Sometimes the stories will be fairly recent, but others will be stories from long ago that I'm finally getting around to write about. I'll try to post every week or so, so check back often.

By the way, I was hoping to get the address http://travelinglight.blogspot.com (instead of travelinglite.blogspot.com) but it turns out that it was already taken by "A mega-site of Bible, Christian and religious information & studies; including, audio and written KJV Bible, Bible helps & tools, churches, Doctrine, links, news, prayer, prophecy, sermons, spiritual warfare, statistics, and tracts." What that has to do with traveling, I'm not sure. But if it interests you, you now know where to find it.

Thanks for stopping by.
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment